Local Classifieds , posted chickens for sale...conversation

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
So there is a local classifieds site I go to, decided to advertise some mixed breed Bantams and LF birds I have. Priced them very well.

Ad: Large Fowl and Bantam Chickens for sale hens and roosters. Mixed Breed 3-5 months.

Inquiry: I was interested in your chickens. But are Bantams Roosters and Large Fowl Hens?

Me: Explained that the difference between the two and that both breeds and that they can have hens and roosters of each breed.

Inquiry: So are any of them hens.

Me: Explained I had a few hens, some of each.

Inquiry: Are they laying or are they too old to lay.

Me: I explained they are not laying yet but should be in the spring, that they are not old enough now

Inquiry: So you will guarantee that they will lay beginning in the Spring, would that be March or April?

Me: While I have never had any issue with my birds being good layers, I will not guarantee anything once they leave my property and are out of my control.

Inquiry: So are you saying they will or will not lay beginning in March or April
th.gif

Me: Thank you for your inquiry, the birds are no longer available

I was tempted to ask the person if they were new to chickens, but honestly the entire conversation gave me a headache.

I never had this much trouble from Craigs List

Very similar to some of the conversations I have had while trying to find homes for dogs. I too use the "Sorry that animal is no longer available for adoption."

That happens to me all the time. Sometimes you wonder if it is worth your time and energy when you deal with people like that!

Karen I have gone through HELL selling these rabbits. We finally initiated a 50% non-refundable deposit. A guy sent the money as a gift for his daughter, multiple emails back and forth about housing and care, etc. After two months, he suddenly tells me his wife is allergic. What??? He asked if he could have half his deposit back and stated that $75 should be due me for putting up with him.

lol.png

Lol, I can see them contacting you in the spring to complain the hens and ROOSTERS are not laying.Good you sold to someone else.

Quote:
Several hours after I "sold" them to someone else, they contacted me with their phone number and wanted to me to call them about coming to pick them up
barnie.gif

I recently went through something similar while trying to sell a kayak. Even went so far as the person coming to look at it and then deciding it didn't work for them for a reason they knew even before they came.
roll.png

Unless you are paying for each word on that ad, I suggest that you be more specific in the ad.

There are lots of people out there who entertain themselves by calling classified ads. They have no intention of buying, but it gives them a friendly voice to talk to. If they get a real soft-hearted sucker on the phone, they will soon branch out and be talking about themselves. Call about a dog and soon they are telling you about the dog their grandpa had when they were a child. Because they don't want a dog, they want someone to talk to and they don't want to pay to have someone listen to them (psychiatrist, chat line, etc)

It's basically the same as people who spend Sunday going to car dealerships and test driving the cars. They don't want a car, they want someone to focus attention on them. You, on the other hand, trying to sell something, are going to be very nice and very patient. So the caller can deceive you and waste your time while you are being patient, hoping they are actually going to buy.

It's a shame they don't have anyone who will talk to them, but it is easy to see why: they are dishonest and self centered and they are users.

Back
Top Bottom