Lock-down!

BYC is full of a bunch of crazy people. You fit right in :cool:

I remember watching my california quail eggs wobbling. Only one ended up hatching and it died a few days later :(

Can't wait to see your little cuties :jumpy
But its better to be crazy without your real facial pic, in case people can somehow identify you in the small chance that's possible.

Did you keep doing quail after the deaths? What happened later?
Don't give up!

But its better to be crazy without your real facial pic, in case people can somehow identify you in the small chance that's possible.

Did you keep doing quail after the deaths? What happened later?
Don't give up!

I really wanted too, but the hen died. I also had bobwhite eggs (none hatched), but I can't do anymore of them yet either because both bobwhites died :hit

I want to get more (especially a female for my single male), but they're hard to get in Australia. But I will keep looking.

I really wanted too, but the hen died. I also had bobwhite eggs (none hatched), but I can't do anymore of them yet either because both bobwhites died :hit

I want to get more (especially a female for my single male), but they're hard to get in Australia. But I will keep looking.
Well you might find it easier to get coturnix quail instead of bobwhite.

So they started hatching on Sunday. I had six. Then one more hatched Monday night. This morning I moved them to the brooder and one isn't doing well. He lays on his back with his legs stretched out. I started cleaning out the incubater and an "egg" pecked me, lol. The chick had made a tiny hole, so I put it and the other unhatched eggs back. Waited all day and it barely made the hole bigger, so I finally helped it. It was almost dry in the egg! But it's feet stayed curled up and it's having a hard time. I'm leaving it in the incubator over night. Hopefully the legs will be better in the morning.

I have also one spread leg. I taped it.

Crossing fingers for our little bumbblebees... .

There are 8 total. One is dying and I can't bring myself to cull it. It breaks my heart. The rest are doing great, even the one I helped out of the egg.

There are 8 total. One is dying and I can't bring myself to cull it. It breaks my heart. The rest are doing great, even the one I helped out of the egg.

Yeah, it is heartbreaking... I had to cull 2 yesterday. I spare the details 😭

But this is, how it is. Life is unpredictable.
You always have losses and highlights, as the little healthy One, you helped 😊

Good luck and much fun with you healthy ones! I'll keep crossing fingers.

Back
Top Bottom