LOCKDOWN--I HAVE PIPS!- Hatch Date 9/22/09ish

I am setting 4 eggs from my own birds tonight so I will be only what, a day behind you? Maybe a few days? I forgot to check and see when you posted this! Silly me. I have four different sized eggs so at least 4 of my girls are laying. But I think my little Bantam Barred Cochin rooster Buddy is the daddy of all of them. It will be interesting cause one egg came from one of my Amber Sexlink girls and one came from one of my SLW girls, both of whom are standard size! Interesting to see what I get, IF I get anything at all! I really hope I do!!!
fl.gif

I just snuck in one last egg from my hen. She scratched it up pretty bad but we'll give it a try anyway. I was still under the 24 hour mark on the incubation so hopefully it won't be too late if it develops.

I have Coturnix Quail due on the 21th, Button Quail due the 19th Seramas due the 26th, and Mixed Ducks due on the 19th and 1st. I think that I have overloaded myself!! I just hatched out 19 chicks and 17 keets. I have no clue what I am going to do with all these babies . . . oh wait I can love 'em!!

ETA: corrected spelling errors.

Last edited:
When I left this morning it was very overcast and cool, if you can call mid 80's cool, bator was 98.6 and temp of fake egg was 98. I get back 3 hours later when it's nice and sunny and temp is back to the 90's, set up hubby's pullets in their little quarantine cage, deal with dogs, mail, various cat rescue messages and remember to turn eggs all of a sudden in the middle of trying to get one of my kittens placed in a home. As soon as I ended the call I go to turn eggs and the bator was 102, fake egg was 102
hmm.png
I think I had already been home for 2 hours before I got to it....

I have serama eggs dew 9-7-09, partridge dew 9-13-09, OEGB dew 9-17-09, blue turkens dew 9-18-09 and royal palm turkeys dew 9-21-09.
smile.png
Good luck everyone with your hatches!

mine are due the between the 18th and 20th. This will be my FIRST hatch! I'm very excited! I've got 12 b/b/s rocks and 3 mutt egg babies in the hovabator.

Back
Top Bottom