Lockdown on the 13th...anyone else?

It's 7:56 A.M. now, and I just got up about 15 minutes ago. ONE had just hatched out, was stretched out, and too tired to move. He has dragged himself over and flopped on top an egg and is now drying out He should be up and running any minute now. BTW, he/she is a splash. Hopefully, there'll be lots of little blue, black, and splashes within a few hours. I will NOT open the incubator until tomorrow morning.
I will NOT open the incubator until tomorrow morning.

I have 3 more EE chicks this morning and a silkie that pipped last night. One of my EE's can't stand (or at least he is struggling more than any of my other chicks).

Well, I have opened my bator and towel and gently blow dried my chicks.
hide.gif
My humidity and my temps don't really go down much to hurt my eggs. I have 7 chicks so far and one that should hatch really soon. I have until 2:30 p.m. Friday for my 72 hours to be up. I have 8 eggs that haven't done much of anything but I still have plenty of time.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Still no buddy for my one and only chick so far. We hope ours is a girl too. But knowing our luck its a boy. About half of the chicks we got in April were boys.
hmm.png
But we still have time. Hoping you all have more hatching to come today!

woot.gif
I am glad to hear your other one has a buddy now!!
big_smile.png
I have 7 chicks so far and 1 pipped. One chick that hatched over night can't walk...he/she just flops around. Sure hope it gets better.
fl.gif
The chickie that bled a lot and I thought wouldn't make it is running all around and is doing great!
big_smile.png

I will post pics once they all hatch and are fluffed out.

Awww, hope your little one is ok.Is there something wrong with its feet, or just can't balance? Crossing my fingers for you. Glad the other one is doing fine. We might have a few more coming soon! The eggs are rolling around like crazy! Can't wait to see pics! I'll post some of mine too later.

Thanks, Amy! It's feet are fine. He/she just can't get it's balance. I am constantly putting it back on it's belly because it flops over on it's back when it does try to stand and/or walk.
sad.png

I'm down to 4 eggs. I had one pip but blood came out. I'm sure it's gone I can't open the bator because of the other eggs but it has not moved in 6 hours. They are due tomorrow so I will wait a couple of days because the temp was down.

Congrats on all the new babies out there. I wish you a lot more.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom