Lockdown tomorrow :) Advise?

Watch your humidity and do not, I repeat do not open the bator.
lol.png
good luck!!

im locking down tomorrow too! i have cuckoo marans going in (cant remember how many). this will be my third hatch in my hovabator 1588. only advice i can give is get your humidity up there and once you have pips dont open the bator! good luck and we should keep this going to post how our hatch turns out!
smile.png

Quote:
What she said!

What kind of eggs & incubator do you have?

I'll be right there along with you ~ I am locking down this afternoon!

I have 24 black copper marans "baking". I'll honestly be glad when its over I have been a nervous and more than slightly obsessed wreck for the past couple weeks. What kind do you have? Is this your 1st hatch?

So ... when they start pipping and zipping and all that good stuff do I wait until they are all completely hatched to open the bator?

thats what is recomended. if you have a lot of chicks in there and they are dry you can sneak them out. be quick about it so you dont loose your humidity. i would hold off if you have some zipping tho because you could shrink wrap them. thats what i do.

Quote:
What she said!

What kind of eggs & incubator do you have?

I'll be right there along with you ~ I am locking down this afternoon!

I have 24 black copper marans "baking". I'll honestly be glad when its over I have been a nervous and more than slightly obsessed wreck for the past couple weeks. What kind do you have? Is this your 1st hatch?

This is my 2nd for the year ~ in a Hovabator Genesis 1588. The 1st this spring I hatched my own Ameraucanas, EEs and bantam Cochins with 47 of 48 hatch. I now have 13 French Black Copper Marans (shipped) and more Ameraucanas, EEs and Banatam Cochins. I think that I have at least 3 duds in the FBCMs ~ I'm going to candle and weed them out before I lock down.

I know how you feel ~ no matter how many times I hatch, I still get worried and lose sleep when lockdown comes! Wait until most/all hatch until getting them out. They can live on their absorbed yolk for up to 3 days and do not need food or water until then.

I go into lockdown tonight too! This is my first hatch, most of them are mixes, with a few barred rocks, cochins, and frizzles. The rest are mixed crew. I didnt want to spend too much on eggs until I knew if I would be successful! Oh I also have 5 silkie eggs, and 2 BLRW.
smile.png
Yay for hatching buddies!! post pics when the magic happens! Good luck everyone!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom