Lockdown!

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
Sooooo I have another batch of eggs gone into lockdown today, 11 in total, 5 from Josie and Hopper and 6 from Dustin and Suzie ... candled and water tested b4 lockdown. 1 egg from each pair was empty. Wasn't able to water test one of Dustin n suzies as it was cracked and waxed but movement when candled ... took the hint the kick meant "get lost" the other 8 all wriggled in water so didn't candle them 😂 (checked for pips b4 water test)

So fingers crossed for 9 more baby buttons! Watching the waxed egg like a hawk incase chick decides to pip or zip on the wax. Any advice for that one?? It's waxed over with birthday candle wax xx

Sooooo I have another batch of eggs gone into lockdown today, 11 in total, 5 from Josie and Hopper and 6 from Dustin and Suzie ... candled and water tested b4 lockdown. 1 egg from each pair was empty. Wasn't able to water test one of Dustin n suzies as it was cracked and waxed but movement when candled ... took the hint the kick meant "get lost" the other 8 all wriggled in water so didn't candle them 😂 (checked for pips b4 water test)

So fingers crossed for 9 more baby buttons! Watching the waxed egg like a hawk incase chick decides to pip or zip on the wax. Any advice for that one?? It's waxed over with birthday candle wax xx
Why are you water testing them....that's an old way, can be fatal to the embryos.
As far as the 'waxed' egg, depends on how thick the wax is applied on the crack.

Why are you water testing them....that's an old way, can be fatal to the embryos.
As far as the 'waxed' egg, depends on how thick the wax is applied on the crack.
Its about a cm long midway. Not on either end or on the aircell... ive placed the wax face down its probably about a mm thick ish?

I didn't know tht about the water testing, I thought I was only unsafe if the egg was pipped or cracked, ill stop doing it tht way xx

Waxed egg ... it stops just before the aircell xx
20220915_174947.jpg

All 4 of josie and Hoppers eggs have hatched... 4 perfect lil Darth babies, replicas of their dad as a chick!!

3 of Dustin and Suzies eggs currently hatched too ... 2 black n white tuxedos and another pure white. Last 2 eggs have pipped 😁 waxed egg hatched with zero issues into a tux!

Will post piks once they're all out n floofed!!!

All 9 hatched!
4 Darths ~ J&H
3 B/W Tux ~ D&S
1 Silver & white tux ~ D&S
1 pure white ~ D&S

All incredibly adorable. Last one just hatched now so will get piks once she's stopped screeching 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom