lockdown ?

2dz shavon

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 30, 2014
I have duck and chicken eggs in the same incubator because the wonderful lady I got them from didn't know which was which I'm worried about not locking down art day 18 because I have more large maybe duck eggs than chicken eggs I started out with ten now I think only 5 will service help

Are the eggs in an automatic turner? If so, I would turn it off and continue turning the duck eggs by hand, five times a day. The chicken eggs need to stop being turned in order to hatch well. If they're being hand-turned already, just stop turning the chicken eggs.

Ideally, you'd want to increase the humidity for the chicken eggs hatching. It probably wouldn't hurt to increase it to 60% or so, as duck eggs generally incubate at a higher humidity anyways.

Are the eggs in an automatic turner? If so, I would turn it off and continue turning the duck eggs by hand, five times a day. The chicken eggs need to stop being turned in order to hatch well. If they're being hand-turned already, just stop turning the chicken eggs.

Ideally, you'd want to increase the humidity for the chicken eggs hatching. It probably wouldn't hurt to increase it to 60% or so, as duck eggs generally incubate at a higher humidity anyways.
But it sounds as though they are uncertain which eggs are which and that's their issue??

Idk which is which but I only have one small egg left

Last edited:
Turned out it didn't matter I only have two duck eggs surviving day 29 I still have movement but no Internal pips I hope they hatch I'm a nervous reck

I had only one to survive
My niece can't get enough of her

Back
Top Bottom