LOCKING DOWN anyone joining?

I put button quail eggs on lock down last night. This is my first time incubating, so I'm super worried that nothing is going to hatch.
sad.png

I even have a webcam on the incubator at home with a live feed so that I can watch it at work. Yes, I'm that crazy!!!! They 'should' be hatching tomorrow night-ish? ..... oh I hope so....

Webcam if anyone is interested in going crazy with me tomorrow night......
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dani-s-button-quail-eggs

I also locked down on the 5th. I've got one pip this afternoon so far. I've got 3 EE mixes (my own eggs) and 4 Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons that are shipped eggs. It is one of the orps that has pipped. I'm so excited!!!Wishing Good Luck to all :)

Haha! sSingle baby youor 17 day chick will be so happy to see another chick so he isnt Robinson Crusoe any more he will run with Wings (arms) out i bet!!
wee.gif

I put button quail eggs on lock down last night. This is my first time incubating, so I'm super worried that nothing is going to hatch.
sad.png

I even have a webcam on the incubator at home with a live feed so that I can watch it at work. Yes, I'm that crazy!!!! They 'should' be hatching tomorrow night-ish? ..... oh I hope so....
What day are you on? YOu should get some rocking soon by what everyone is saying but Dont feel too badly as mine (first hatch) are still quiet no movement and day 20!!!. No big problems to cause a problem though
I keep watching though AND Lined up more to buy shortly too in case its bad news.Onward and upward!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm on day 15. No movement that I have seen :(
The wait is brutal! I probably won't get any work done tomorrow. ;)

I keep wanting to candle the rest of my eggs. But i know 2 more days and they should begin hatching. I got a light dimmer hooked up on my lightbulb now so I have more control over temperature. :)
My day 17 chick went on a field trip to the dog crate i'm keeping my older 3 in. let them see each other through the crate. the older chicks and my tiny chick looked at each other silently.

I also locked down on the fifth. By the sixth I had 2 pips. This morning I had two chicks and another pip and by the time I got home I had one more. One left and it is barely pipping now. Super excited to be able to get them out once the last egg is done. These are my first eggs I've ever hatched out of the first chickens I've ever owned which I also raised from chicks. I set 6 eggs in a homemade incubator, 1 was clear, 1 quit and 4 made it to the hatcher. I think I might be addicted though because there is 46 in the incubator and 12 more on my counter waiting to go in
woot.gif

Here are the little guys in my home made cooler-hatcher. Definately some modifications I need to make to it before the next batch of 26 (or however many pass pre-lockdown candling) .

sad.png

Webcam if anyone is interested in going crazy with me tomorrow night......
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dani-s-button-quail-egg
webcam great idea!

I also locked down on the fifth. By the sixth I had 2 pips. This morning I had two chicks and another pip and by the time I got home I had one more. One left and it is barely pipping now. Super excited to be able to get them out once the last egg is done. These are my first eggs I've ever hatched out of the first chickens I've ever owned which I also raised from chicks. I set 6 eggs in a homemade incubator, 1 was clear, 1 quit and 4 made it to the hatcher. I think I might be addicted though because there is 46 in the incubator and 12 more on my counter waiting to go in
woot.gif

Here are the little guys in my home made cooler-hatcher. Definately some modifications I need to make to it before the next batch of 26 (or however many pass pre-lockdown candling) .
I suggest if it uses a lightbulb getting a plug in dimmer. It plugs into the wall then you plug the light into it. You can give more or less power to the light bulb to create more or less heat. Works great! When you add more eggs in the incubator it will need adjusted compared to your hatch this time with only a few eggs. They are cheap. I put mine on a wire rack in my home made incubator. It makes it so if the water container breaks the eggs dont get wet at all. It can be a life saver.
Cute chickies. I'll post pix if anymore of mine hatch but they aren't due til saturday night.

Back
Top Bottom