LOL!! I'm so screwed!

my Pekins are dirty messy little pigs
lau.gif
. My runners are really really clean birds.

It takes my two rouen drakes about half an hour to cake the floor in a layer of brown. if i sold this stuff id be rich XD went away for 1 week where there bedding wasnt changed and came home and they were literally on a mountian of poop to the point where i needed a shovel to remove it and they were touching the top of thier cage.... i find if i dont over do the water it reduces the wetness but then again too little water is bad for them.. but thats what they are.. disgustingly messy but adorably hilarious :D

Yes I have clay.  And Cinnamon, and a larger Saxony duck is making mudd holes next to her pool.  Little duck bill sized mudd holes and then sticking her bill in the pool to make a poopy, muddy, messy soup pool.  

My Pekin has been doing the same thing, but right next to my back porch! Lol. She can fit her hole head down in the hole. :/ gotta fix that soon.

True! I can't imagine life without ducks in it! As messy as they are,,God made them super cute so we would put up with their grossness! :lau
I adore mine,and love to sit and watch them swim,waddle ,ect..especially after their place has been cleaned out!
<3
Agree!
Much messier than the chickens, but worth it. :)
Also, the eggs are typically larger than chicken eggs.

Last edited:
Ok, I really could have done very well without this particular thread.........My baby ducklings will be here in a week or so, and I was not prepared for all of this s...
sad.png

i have no garden, but I do have a compost pile..........
hmm.png

Now that I think about it, the daughters are supposed to care for the ducks ..............
cool.png

I'm so glad I found this thread!!
smile.png

And I thought ducks would be mostly like chickens
gig.gif

I got ducks once.... and wont be doing that again. I admit it, I couldn't handle ducks. I ended up trading them for chickens with someone in the area. I thought chicks, ducklings- couldn't be that much messier right? Phew did I get in over my head.

Last edited:
I got ducks once.... and wont be doing that again. I admit it, I couldn't handle ducks. I ended up trading them for chickens with someone in the area. I thought chicks, ducklings- couldn't be that much messier right? Phew did I get in over my head.

LOL.. i started with ducks, so for me chickens were like, um, really? THAT"S it?
lau.gif
Ducks definitely, try your cleaning patience.

Back
Top Bottom