Lonely Chick and Sleeping

StacysHatch

Hatching
Apr 16, 2022
Out of all our incubated eggs only One was fertile and hatched, BUT atleast she seems very healthy :jumpy question though, is there anything I can do to make her feel a little less lonely when in the brooder?it seems like she’s imprinted on me and no matter how many stuffies/toys I throw in there she cries if im not around or if my hand is not in the box what to do! Also how long do these chicks take to be a little less narcaleptic lol? she was born yesterday

Out of all our incubated eggs only One was fertile and hatched, BUT atleast she seems very healthy :jumpy question though, is there anything I can do to make her feel a little less lonely when in the brooder?it seems like she’s imprinted on me and no matter how many stuffies/toys I throw in there she cries if im not around or if my hand is not in the box what to do! Also how long do these chicks take to be a little less narcaleptic lol? she was born yesterday
You need to get her a friend. If she grows up by herself she will not know how to be a chicken and will get bullied and not do well in a real flock. Normally day 2-3 is when they start to get really active.

I would get her a buddy if you can. if You can’t get another chick when she’s old enough you should take her outside and make her a area near them so she can learn how to chicken. I read about a chick that grow up by its self and she could not go in with the other chickens. I’m not sure when she will stop crying. But it will take a while I think. i think It Would be best for her to be with anther chick tho.

You need to get her a friend. If she grows up by herself she will not know how to be a chicken and will get bullied and not do well in a real flock. Normally day 2-3 is when they start to get really active.
I have a few eggs i picked up from the coop this morning sitting in a carton, if i threw them in the bator now do you think if they where to hatch it could help her even if they wouldn’t be due a few weeks from now? i don’t currently have any quicker way to get her a buddy

I have a few eggs i picked up from the coop this morning sitting in a carton, if i threw them in the bator now do you think if they where to hatch it could help her even if they wouldn’t be due a few weeks from now? i don’t currently have any quicker way to get her a buddy
No,that's too long. You don't have a tractor supply near you? Where are you located? I know ideal ships and they arrive within 2 days.

That's to long of a wait. She needs one ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom