Aug 8, 2021
I had a really really small batch of Coturnix Quail eggs in my incubator and fully believed none of them would hatch. However, yesterday morning, I walked into my room to find a single chick running around the incubator.
The baby is healthy, but so so alone. There are 3 more eggs sitting in the incubator and none of them have peeped yet (and it's already been 18 days), I don't know if baby'll ever get the company baby needs.

I don't know if I can keep up this lifestyle for a social bird like her... any advice?

Oh my gosh it's you!
I saw you had a similar issue so I was reading some of your forums!
I have the chick in a brooder with a hand sized stuffed monkey and a mini mirror since already, does that work?

Have you candled the remaining eggs? If the temperature in your incubator was a bit low, they may simply be late hatching. I would give them until day 20 before giving up. In the meantime, you can try a small stuffed animal and/or a mirror to help your lonely one. If you can get some chicks of the same age, that would be best.

Have you candled the remaining eggs? If the temperature in your incubator was a bit low, they may simply be late hatching. I would give them until day 20 before giving up. In the meantime, you can try a small stuffed animal and/or a mirror to help your lonely one. If you can get some chicks of the same age, that would be best.
I had candled the eggs the day before the current chick hatched and the evening after the chick hatched; maybe I did something wrong but compared to the last time I candled a batch of eggs, I couldn't see anything inside the eggs during the whole period of the incubation (all were either blue/clear or fully red except for the air inside). I was able to remove the eggs that were rotten based on smell, but even after candling all the eggs, I didn't even know that any of the chicks would hatch.

Basically, I don't know if any chicks are incoming; however, I think before I left the house today, I saw a lil crack in one of the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom