Long live the King - the neverending story of Brahmalot!

Queen Mother Chrissie is somewhere around 8 years old and still going strong! She has found an unusual new place to lay her eggs, though. The castle at Brahmalot has never been good enough for her, and she has always picked unusual places for her offerings - in a planter, under the well tank, in the neighboring giants' garage, etc.

Her newest place (which will need to be moved tomorrow) is currently on the front porch of the neighboring giants' house, where it was placed after cleaning the nursery. It has remained there for the last week as it is so much easier to find her eggs than to search the entire kingdom!

Hi Sjisty! I keep reading more and more about what an outstanding mother Chrissie is. How often does she go broody? Will she step straight into motherly duties an any given time? It almost seems that way from the stories. Always great to see an update to your awesome flock!!!
D.gif

Queen Mother Chrissie has hatched and raised many of the royal family, including Queen Frack. She goes broody approximately every other month, and is sounding like she will be broody again soon. It is a constant challenge finding her and making sure she is safe until hatching. She is a very good mother and over the years has probably raised 100 children!

Awww, Chrissie is soo cute and unique! This Queen Mother is still regal after her long reign!

I want to see how her new nest works out for her! I have an Idea for you- since you know she likes to nest in strange places, set up some 'strange places' for her- then you'll know where they are, and she can use them to her heart's content!

The king is gone. Old King Rocky died tonight. Rest in peace, big man. You were a beautiful man and wonderful leader of your kingdom until the beginning of your health problems last year with what was thought to be a stroke. The last week or so, you just seemed to be tired, and now tonight you are no more.

Beloved Rocky, born 12/25/2006, died 03/20/2014

I am so sorry to hear about Old King Rocky. He touched many of our hearts and his stories and kingdom will live on forever. He will be greatly missed. Rest in peace mighty King.

Last edited:
The king is gone. Old King Rocky died tonight. Rest in peace, big man. You were a beautiful man and wonderful leader of your kingdom until the beginning of your health problems last year with what was thought to be a stroke. The last week or so, you just seemed to be tired, and now tonight you are no more.

Beloved Rocky, born 12/25/2006, died 03/20/2014
Aww, I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom