Longtime Lurker!

Chikpeas

Chirping
May 30, 2021
Idaho
Just thought I'd introduce myself now that I've officially joined!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens for that past four years, the first five we "inherited" as adult hens when we bought our house 😁 Unfortunately, two of our original flock have since passed away

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have 7 chickens! Three of our original flock and four new 6½ week old babies!

(3) What breeds do you have?
A Red Sex Link, a barred Plymouth rock, an Old English game bantam, an Easter Egger, two Australorps, and a Buff Orpington

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Their personalities and intelligence! They just brighten up my day with their uniqueness and just how funny they can be.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also grow/collect unique houseplants (hence the username) primarily pothos and philodendrons, but I have quite the variety overflowing in my windows 😅 I also draw, and I am currently teaching myself to play the cello!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share:
I am 29 and have worked as an I.T. Technician for 9 years. I live in a large log home on the Oregon Trail ☺️

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Searching general chicken questions kept bringing me back here, so I decided to finally join!

Back
Top Bottom