Look what my chicks learned to do! {pic}

New Kid In the Coop

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
SW Washington
14497_dscf2886.jpg

14497_dscf2879.jpg

I went outside and saw them dust bathing for the first time! (I know I'm corny but I thought it was cute!) They were all trying to pile in the same little hole. It was like a little chicken mosh pit! too funny! Anyway, I know you all have seen it a million times but I thought I'd share anyway!

I love the way it takes them no time to make a hole in the ground. And then fight over it like there is no where else to make a new hole for themselves.

I'm new to having chickens... my first are just about 6 weeks old right now. I was outside with them the other day and you'd have thought I was in the "mosh pit" with them... I was covered with dust and dirt from them tossing it up
big_smile.png

I hope I never tire of watching their antics!

Mine too! Today was their first day outside - they are 12 days old - they barely came out of the box before the dirt was flying thick and fast. This is Rhody (RIR) and Star (Red Star).

11869_dustbath2.jpg

I never knew chickens were so darn funny! I have never really even been around chickens before I got these ones a few weeks ago. I was actually a little leary about getting chickens but my husband wanted them. I told him if he wants them thats fine but I am NOT going to be the one taking care of them and cleaning up after them! Well.....here I am taking pictures and posting them on a website! go figure! They are funny little creatures aren't they?

They really are a hoot! I told DH last night as we were watching them that it was even better than tv
smile.png
A nice night and a lot of comedy ... especially the kids trying to catch a chicken to put him back in the pen. Who knew those chickens could run so fast
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom