Looking for a good home for my Australorp Roo

tacmomma12

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 31, 2012
RI
Hi there. This is hard to do, but I'm not sure our situation is going to work out and I want to do what's best for us and our prize boy.

Black Jack is a gorgeous Black Australorp Rooster, about 16 weeks old ( Hatched May 4th). We ordered pullets from a hatchery and well, one of them was not.

He's been really nice so far, but today he actually stated to boss me around when I was filling food and water in the pen. I diffused the situation and he was fine a few seconds later, but since he sees me as part of the flock, I doubt the attempts will end. I'm relatively novice at chicken raising, so I might not be the best fit for a bossy boy.

He's fairly docile and very protective of his sisters/girlfriends. Crows somewhat often, but is not terribly loud so it hasn't bothered us or neighbors yet much.

I would like someone within driving distance (RI, CT, MA-maybe other parts of NE) who will not kill him or harm him, and give him room to roam and be all he wants to be. Because he is still friendly and in a pen, I'm in no rush to just give him to anyone and would like to exchange an email or phone call with anyone interested.

He is absolutely free to the right home who will love him as much as I have. Just putting feelers out there, so thank you kindly for looking.

Just an update- Back Jack is still looking for a home.

Found out why he was bossing me- he hates my bare feet/sandals. If I wear shoes, he is absolutely fine. What a silly thing!

Beautiful boy with a golden voice and pretty good to his 'ladies'. He's currently confined to the coop with them though, and would do much better with wide open spaces. I just can't because we have a pair of hawks hunting in this area, and I don't want to lose my flock to them.

Thank you for looking!

Hi
My name is Joe. I have 10 Australorp hens in need of a Roo of same breed. I would give him a very good home. I'm in Bloomington Indiana. Are you close?
please call or text me... 8123272438.

Hi Joe. Sorry, but I'm in Rhode Island, so way out of the way up here. Shame as it sounds like a great flock you have for him. Thank you for your interest, anyhow and I hope you find a roo closer!

Hi West.

Black Jack has not yet found a better home than ours, so he's still here. Today he's been crowing at the rain because he hasn't seen it in a month I guess? :)

Hi
Haha i know we all have been crowing at the rain today!!
Well i would be happy to take him in i have 25 ladies being 2 Orpington 11 asil and 9 red stars and 1 Rhode island 1 Barret rock and 1 old barret roo witch need some extra help sice he have so many on its on .
I live on Martha's Vineyard and have plenty of space on my property.

Let me know my name is Wagner 5089580869.

Thanks

Update: Black Jack has found a home and is en route as I type. Thank you so much West/Wagner!

Back
Top Bottom