Looking for a spinner, to take raw alpaca fiber and turn it into yarn

fdnick

Master Chicken Hoarder
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Spokane, Wa.
we have a mess of alpacas, with the alpacas comes the fiber
tongue.png
.. I know nothing about raw fiber, anyone here want to turn my fiber into yarn for cash or keep part of the fiber??
Thanks..
Denna

I would LOVE to...

You just need to tell me what type yarn you prefer to work with and ship it up to me! I have an Ashford Scholar Mark 11 and Slocrev sent me some awesome alpaca wool I'm mixing w/muskox quivit I picked off the tundra...

I can post a pic of the latest yarn I just made a small amount of and am totally in love with, its white merino one ply made into 2 ply with bead/eyelash...the merino is natural white and the beads/eyelash are brown and purple.

Of course your lama wool would be a darker color I'm assuming... and my favorite yarn is like an Icelandic lopi or worsted weight, the Icelandic is one ply, larger diameter so you use at least size 8 knitting needles or a J or K hook for crochet. The worsted weight is two ply and ... and... and... Can you tell I'm excited???

After work I'll post pic of the awesome yarn I made recently...

Tell me what kind of yarn you like and what you like to make w/it so I'll get a good idea...

Sport weight is very thin diameter and takes smaller needles/hooks and takes longer IMO to work up so its not a favorite of mine to work w/but I do knit quiviut items that are 80% quiviut/20% silk.

I can also post pics of items I've knitted w/the types of yarn:)

I haven't got the sweater pics today but here are a few pics for now. BTW, the "fancy" yarn I just made is a "thick n thin" or combination of sport weight with worsted weight "flub's" to give texture and I plan to make a nice scarf for my youngest daughter for Christmas out of it.

Dec08011.jpg

Dec08012.jpg

Here's a hat I made out of Icelandic Lopi (there is also another Lopi like sport weight) the one ply thicker yarn:
Dec08016.jpg

I also made the same hat pattern in sea spray green with pink and light grey (Icelandic patterns traditionally use only three colors but I like to add a small amount of a fourth color- no pic of that one, I gave it away.

Here's an example of blue/grey thinner yarn, more like a sport weight but a tiny bit thicker:
Dec08014.jpg

Dec08013.jpg

P.S. I love horses, too, cry when I watch horse racing and remember Secretariat racing.
(Guess its time to dust again, w/so many dogs in the house, chicks and a monitor heater its dusting day every day but I just don't have the time every day...when I was younger w/babes my house was so clean it was boring!)

Ooops, forgot the worsted weight yarn sample in crotchet, its a blanket in the making for my first grandbaby/grandson:
Dec08015.jpg

He comes w/a 7 yr old sister who's getting one in pink/purple and my eldest son also has a dog that will get his own blanket in grey/white/black and red (pitbull named Ruckus).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom