Looking for breed suggestions- gender too, if you're game!

Telika

In the Brooder
Apr 23, 2018
These two chicks came from a local chicken keeper with a huge mix of breeds and are likely mixes themselves. Just wondering if anyone has any breed suggestions based on the photos. Gender suggestions are welcome too! They are about 11 weeks old.
The second one I'm trying to figure out is the white and brownish orange, the others are just photobombers

Attachments

• IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    621.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2767.JPG
    IMG_2767.JPG
    827.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2770.JPG
    IMG_2770.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2774.JPG
    IMG_2774.JPG
    542.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2771.JPG
    IMG_2771.JPG
    497.7 KB · Views: 8
The gray one looks like an Easter egger mix. The white/brown one looks like maybe a splash laced red Wyandotte mix.

Gender is more difficult. The gray one doesn't have much comb, so hopefully a pullet. The other's comb looks small, but it has color to it, and the legs are sort of thick. So it could be either but I would lean towards it being a cockerel. Better pictures would help with that one.

Based on the chicks at day old I agree with the EE mix. Given the splitchier colouring on the gray one, I'm leaning towards cockerel. It's face can get quite red too and the legs are quite thick.

As for the other, I'm a bit puzzled...we took back 4 cockerels about 4 weeks ago with massive red combs and wattles. By comparison these ones are quite tiny and nowhere near as red. Would that just be more breed specific or could it be the others were just faster developing? The EEs are tough bc they don't really get much in the way of wattles, but the non EEs otherwise should be fairly easy to sex at this age, shouldn't they?

Back
Top Bottom