LOOKING FOR CHICKEN CHART-ALL CHARACTERISTICS

arlenecruises

Chirping
Jan 9, 2016
I am always looking for info on chicks such as color eggs, hardiness in cold, number of eggs per year, etc. I think I saw a chart once somewhere but can never find it again. I am always cross referencing characteristics and buy the time I am done I forgot what the first one said. Yes I can make my own. Just thought someone could help me find one,

There's one in Storey's Guide to raising chickens. (I realize I am one of the few people left on earth that still regularly reads books and doesn't just look at everything on the internet)

Hey now... you've got to give us credit! lol I think we're a different kind of breed! We raise chickens! Not all people do that! ;) I read books, too. In fact, I love reading chicken books. It's about the only kind of books I have time to read or I make time to read! :D

Hey now... you've got to give us credit! lol I think we're a different kind of breed! We raise chickens! Not all people do that! ;) I read books, too. In fact, I love reading chicken books. It's about the only kind of books I have time to read or I make time to read! :D

Haha. Good, that's what I like to hear. My husband teases that I'm the last person to still read books, but that it's a good thing because when technology fails I will have a leg up on the world ;) My mom got me a great garden/homesteading book for Christmas too. The woman that raised me still knows the way to my heart, always books, just the subject matter ha changed over the years. This year was "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" and "The Backyard Homestead: produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre"

Ditto!
What part of Georgia are you from?

Haha. Good, that's what I like to hear. My husband teases that I'm the last person to still read books, but that it's a good thing because when technology fails I will have a leg up on the world ;) My mom got me a great garden/homesteading book for Christmas too. The woman that raised me still knows the way to my heart, always books, just the subject matter ha changed over the years. This year was "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" and "The Backyard Homestead: produce all the food you need on just a quarter acre"
I don't think it's nearly so easy to absorb information from a screen as it is from a real page. I have about half a shelf of books on chickens.

OP, looks like you've got some great advice already. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom