Looking for DIY Poultry Carrier Building Plans

cowchick11

Songster
8 Years
Dec 30, 2011
SW Washington
I'm looking for DIY (Do It Yourself) poultry carrier building plans for my 4-H club. We are also into using recycled objects so are open to that as a resource as well. I saw, at a show, a rubbermaid or sterlite tub made into a cool carrier but can't remember all the details, or enough to build one.
idunno.gif

If you have plans that would be great. If you have photos and plans that would be stupendous!
celebrate.gif
Please post to share ideas all around. Also, if you have any cautions on building (for safety) or suggestions like make more vent holes if you live in hot areas that would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!
clap.gif

We got this one at an auction. We want a plastic one but this work well, besides with chicks. They can fit through the sides. Seems simple to make. I plan on putting a slide lock on the top.

I do have a couple dow rods that need replaced but the birds don't mind.

Bottom just 1/4" plywood

At our last 4-H show-- kids had made these to put their birds in! This picture shows ducks in them. I thought they were so cute and simple looking to make, I took a picture and figured our club could make them. Obviously you can make them as large as you need by simply making the ends larger or smaller.
wink.png

900x900px-LL-476f9658_IMG_5777.jpeg

(Below)
Then, I also saw this one-- and they had bantams in them, but again, you could make them any size. They had dividers in them. If you look closely, you can see the thin boards on the inside for the dividers. I didn't get a picture of the back, but I think they had little doors back there. Or maybe this is the one that had a sliding top on it. I don't remember now.
900x900px-LL-3ef336e7_IMG_5793.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom