Looking for NICE rooster

KFox

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Orpington, Barred Rock or other friendly, docile breed.

*Flock is complete. I'm no longer looking. Thanks to all that offered.*

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll check it out. Can you please message me your asking price for the 5 month old Roo + shipping costs? I will look at the others as well.

KFox

I read your blog, good reading, reminds me of the Yankees in Maine where my wife's from. She really follows the "tightwad" ideas. Her rainbarrel is an oak winebarrel I converted and she water her plantings around my garage with it. As far as veggies for all winter that's easy! You should definetely look into French Horticutural Beans. We call them sheel beans and they are canned commercially in Maine by Stewarts. We raise a ton and put them up along with corn, gree&wax beans, tomatoes, squashes (some canned and some winter that stay in the cellar all year), potatoes, and more. Lots of various fruit also. If ut were not for our taste for avocados we could probably do it on our own stuff. BTW, I have two beautiful BR roos and no Hens. I just got three chickies that arre supossed to be pullets. We'll see. I could map it but, where is Milan? I'm in Michigan. I'll probably keep my roos and my adise is to get a chickie and raise him up. Within 4 months he'll be crowing, and the upside is they are dirt cheap as chickies.

Hi KFox,

After reading uchytil's post about reading your blog, I did it as well.
You are one cool person and an inspiration. I hope you have success finding a nice, friendly rooster.

If you don't find anything close, my friend and I have a few BLRWs that are available for sale. I have a lovely Foley splash roo that I'd love to find a good home for, he's so beautiful and I think he will be a fantastic roo when he grows up. We also have a roo with the black lacing and one with blue lacing (her daughter's love that little guy so I'm not sure if he's for sale yet). These three birds are about 9 weeks old.

I also have a one year old BLRW with the black lacing that I'm looking to re-home. He's a big boy but kind to his hens and humans. He's babysitting my young chicks now.

We do ship but would want to wait until the current heat wave is over before shipping.

Send me a message if you are interested.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for reading my blog! I'll check into the beans. I'm working on getting a cellar dug out--of course, I know a guy that owns the equipment to dig it and I'm giving him some eggs and homemade pumpkin pie in trade. I wouldn't pay full price for someone to come out and make one!
smile.png

Milan is Indiana, so we are state-neighbors. I've been told by more than one person that I need to get a chick and raise it if I want a nice roo. I'm considering it...and I love that it would save me money. I have some special kind of luck with straight runs and I bet I could get at least a roo or five if I bought six.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thank you for checking out my blog. I'm going to look up the breeds that you mentioned. I've been told I should get a young rooster if I want it to work out. Not looking forward to starting with a day old chick and it would be more convenient to get one that is at least 10 weeks. If I can't find anything local, I'll message you, for sure.

Have you Bought a rooster yet? I have rare German Appenzeller Spitzhauben Roos. A couple available. I live in Indiana!

Back
Top Bottom