Looking for pictures of waterfowl colour mutations

The pictures of the silver and champagne fulvous are not my birds but give you an idea of whats available in the UK

@hartlaub, cracking collection of photo's of the birds you keep. Do you find with the silver baikals that the males can be somewhat smaller than standard Baikal?

Anyone else experienced this? I have two silver males and both are probably 10% smaller than the wild Baikal.

Hi

Thank you for your coments - in fairness I havent really noticed much difference, but than I no longer keep any wild colour Baikail to compare them with

"hartlaub" , beautiful photos and of course birds. Congratulations.
I have one question for you?Are you breeder or collector?
Do you had an offspring of silver baikal?

Sandar

Beautiful dark bird on the left. How many bird you have in that dark color? In UK, you have different names for the same mutation compared with Europe. I think it is blond wood duck.
Do you have blond female? I am working on blond mutation because asking you.....

Sandar

These are basically white mandarins that have been selected for colour - Myself and a friend of over the past 5 years been selecting darker marked birds and now get consitently darker birds - we call them dark silvers - they are very beautiful and we have found the colour stays good all the way through to the moult and the feather quality is better than the whites.Nothing has been added to them colour wise and it is only a case of keeping using darker marked birds - we have out crossed a couple of times to try and maintain strong blood lines - they are productive birds and are normally very straight forward to rear.

To answer Sandars question I very much enjoy breeding birds and although I am always intererested in different colours the challenge is in breeding them not just collecting them for me - I should have silver Baikail this year although I will be out crossing some pairs to normals for a change of blood.

Bill

Sandar

Again with the carolina we have been breeding for darker colours from the orginal white(silver) these are in fact dark silvers and breed very consitently darker birds . The carolinas are further down the line than the silver and are now very different from the orignal colour. Blonde carolinas in the UK are very different to this.

Bill

Bill,
thank you for quick response.
Your "dark silver mandarins" are interesting to see for me because they have combination only dark brown with white. I have male "dark white" (blond mandarin). But his characteristics is combination of two colors(grey and brown) with white. Can you show a mandarin dark silver female?

Blond mandarin male

Sandar

Back
Top Bottom