Looking for Snowflake quail.

Sill why? If I wanted to do that, I would just get northern bob whites and breed them and get Mexican speckles and breed them. Those 2 crossed is what created the gun runner snow flakes!

Temperament of course! If this color morph tends to be murderous why would you not want to bring in new bloodlines with a better temperament?

Sill why? If I wanted to do that, I would just get northern bob whites and breed them and get Mexican speckles and breed them. Those 2 crossed is what created the gun runner snow flakes!
You make creating a new color phase sound so easy. The possibility of that happening to you is incalculable, and not in a positive fashion.

I apologize for my rude and inconsiderate remark that has been now removed by me!

Last edited:
Does anyone ship gamebirds bobwhites browns or chuckers looking to buy bulk if can dont want to get from hatcheries bc they wont sellbefore may

We call them browns as in texas a& m jumbos brown white an italian.. im looking for jumbo bobs an chuckers right now if any one can find i have some rare chicks birds ect to choose from where i am

You're after Japanese quail, aka coturnix. What you call browns are Pharaoh colored, texas A&M is another name for jumbo whites, and italian or golden usually refers to one of the golden color phases. Texas A&M isn't a proper name for anything in the quail world so it can be hard to find info using that name. It refers to a group of birds bred at A&M which are long lost to the quail world. People have bred jumbo whites back to large sizes since then but the A&M misnomer didn't go away. There was also a popular wives tale about the A&M birds being white meat, which I still hear too often. All coturnix are 100% dark meat brids.

For eggs the best stock you'll find will be Jamesmariefarms.com

If JMF can't get your order out fast enough try Vails quails

We call them browns as in texas a& m jumbos brown white an italian.. im looking for jumbo bobs an chuckers right now if any one can find i have some rare chicks birds ect to choose from where i am

Were are you located? If we knew maybe there is someone close to you that has what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom