Farmpearl

In the Brooder
Aug 26, 2019
Anybody out there? Midwesterners, where you at?!

I'm no stranger to farming, but sort of a newbie to chickens. I did not realize that my husband's all-time favorite animal is a chicken. Scratch that. ALL chickens. We've been married 10 years and this was brand new information in spring 2019.

Since then, our whole family has gotten caught up in poultry. I love it, I love that our kids love it, and it's some times a bit scary how much my husband loves it... Anyway, I've learned a lot, but hubby has unintentionally made me feel like a bit of an idiot about chickens. He spent his entire youth hatching and raising birds and taking them to swap meets. We had chickens on the farm when I was growing up, but that seems so insignificant now that I share a home and family with The Chicken Man.

Just looking to up my chicken game at home by socializing with and learning from someone other than Google.

I kind of want to pick my own project that's mine. Something about being a mom has sparked a strong desire for me to find a project of my choosing, i.e. a breed of chickens to raise...something other than laundry and dirty dishes...you know, the stuff that becomes "mine" by default. 😒

I particularly like lavender varieties.

:welcome

Yep, the Cheesehead thread is the place to be, lol. Welcome to BYC from a fellow Cheesehead.
Where abouts are you?
I have lived in a lot of areas of the state - Platteville, Madison, Stevens Point, Eau Claire, Jefferson, Green Bay. Grew up in Northeastern WI; went to college in Platteville. After moving a number of times after college, which included 7 years in Wyoming; we ended up back here about 30 miles from the parents, lol.

Back
Top Bottom