Looking or Coturnix eggs but breeder needs to be NPIP and a ew f the hens have to be vet checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not hard here we can inspect our own quail and chickens if we take a class showing us how but just to sell within the commonwealth of Va I do not need to be NPIP approved it is funny I live on the NC/VA state line folks from NC constantly call for eggs drive across the state line and buy them I go through birds fast enough ( I sell meat from coturnix as well ) that it is kina impractical for me to NPIP my quail a lot of hatcheries had quit shipping to Va because of our import requirements everyone who has birds here on the state line also has a NC address we just get the birds shipped to NC and then drive them across the line the end result is just the oppisite of what Va. wanted undocumented birds come into the state with no paper trail/record LOLOL lota good their regs did Huh :)

be careful if you buy from Va our npip only covers pullerum the AI test is a sepperate one the state does the last I was informed it was only good for 90 days so double check to make sure the breeders AI is still in effect HTH

Last edited:
Some states will not classify cots as game birds per say, What a State's wildlife dept would classify as game birds that may require special permits or licensing are those species that are indigenous to native populations. Rest assured, your cot is a game bird, just two legal definitions.

Basically New World quail. Cots are considered Old World.

Hope this helps...

Hey Boonehillbilly. Are you in Boone county? If so that is where i grew up. Graduated from Scott High in 79.

NPIP does have specific rules in each state. I admire that you are following the rules in your state to stay NPIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom