Looking to add a Wyandotte pullet and other breed to our current flock! Where can I find them??

SMV913

Chirping
Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am on the hunt to add a couple more hens to our flock of 6. We currently have 3 Silkies, 1 D’Uccle, 1 Barred Rock & 1 Orpington that are all about 10 weeks old. I raised them as day old chicks and they are all doing amazing!
I am now wanting to add 2 more hens to our group- a Wyandotte and 1 other breed of similar kind (good layer) to complete our flock. I would also LOVE the 2 new hens to be close in age as our current flock so they can be outside since we’ve just recently integrated our 6 ten week olds to their coop.
I would be willing to travel some distance to find them but I’m hoping to stay within the Monterey Bay, San Jose, Central Valley area so we don’t have to travel too far.
If anyone had any available or knows of a credible place near me, I would love the info! Thanks so much!

I know that Cackle Hatchery is now selling started pullets, I saw on their website a couple weeks ago. I don’t know if they have Wyandotte pullets, they might though. I’d check it out! It is located in MO, but they will ship to you. May be kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for! :)

Check out Dare 2 Dream farms! They offer chickens of all ages and aren't too far away. (They also deliver!) They also have a calendar that lets you see their upcoming hatches so even if they don' have Wynadotte pullets now, they might on the near future.
Highly recommend!

I know that Cackle Hatchery is now selling started pullets, I saw on their website a couple weeks ago. I don’t know if they have Wyandotte pullets, they might though. I’d check it out! It is located in MO, but they will ship to you. May be kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for! :)

Thank you for your response! I had actually searched on Cackle Hatchery’s website prior to posting on here and all I could find was they shipped as baby chicks only. I didn’t see any older pallets available for shipping. I just checked again after I read your comment and same thing... Can you tell me where you had seen they had older pullets available right now?

Check out Dare 2 Dream farms! They offer chickens of all ages and aren't too far away. (They also deliver!) They also have a calendar that lets you see their upcoming hatches so even if they don' have Wynadotte pullets now, they might on the near future.
Highly recommend!

Thank you for your response! I researched their website and at this time they only have 3 breeds in the age range that I am looking for that are available. 2 different Sexlinks and a Longhorn. No Wyandotte’s :( I’ve read a little on Sexlinks, it sounds like they are good layers but I was REALLY hoping for a Wyandotte as well as another breed. Also, they are a little over a 3 hour drive from me which is a bit much. I did read they deliver which is a great option. I’ve never had chickens shipped so I’m not sure how I feel about that. I normally like to go where they currently are being raised to pick up so I can see the conditions they have been living in. But if more then one person says they are a great hatchery, then that helps with being a good referral!

Also try craigslist. I found a place for someone that was in dire need of a couple chicks. But I really like Dare2Dream they do Wyandottes but never when I was looking for new babies :(

Thank you for your response! I did find someone on Craigslist in San Jose that has some 6 week old Wyandotte’s available + some other breeds. I definitely planned on contacting them. I just hate how sketchy craigslist can be so i’d prefer to go through a referral of someone but I’ll definitely give it a try. I also looked into Dare 2 Dreams and they have some other breeds available- Sexlinks & Longhorns but no Wyandotte’s :(

Thank you for your response! I had actually searched on Cackle Hatchery’s website prior to posting on here and all I could find was they shipped as baby chicks only. I didn’t see any older pallets available for shipping. I just checked again after I read your comment and same thing... Can you tell me where you had seen they had older pullets available right now?

Actually I did find their started pullets on the the Cackle Hatchery website. No Wyandotte’s available but some other good breeds. Unfortunately the price per chicken + shipping is a bit much! Almost $100 per chicken to have it shipped:eek:. That option won’t work for me :(

Thank you for your response! I did find someone on Craigslist in San Jose that has some 6 week old Wyandotte’s available + some other breeds. I definitely planned on contacting them. I just hate how sketchy craigslist can be so i’d prefer to go through a referral of someone but I’ll definitely give it a try. I also looked into Dare 2 Dreams and they have some other breeds available- Sexlinks & Longhorns but no Wyandotte’s :(

Just craigslist can be sketchy for sure! The ones that didn't give us a lot of info we did not meet. I felt you should be proud of where you raise your chickens and be able to show them off. My friend ended up choosing this guy that seemed legit. She got some beautiful girls.

Just craigslist can be sketchy for sure! The ones that didn't give us a lot of info we did not meet. I felt you should be proud of where you raise your chickens and be able to show them off. My friend ended up choosing this guy that seemed legit. She got some beautiful girls.

Where did your friend end up finding them? And what breed did she get?

Back
Top Bottom