LittleBits

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2013
Kentucky
My Coop
My Coop
Have been looking and haven't found anything quite like this in any threads:

I am finding 3-6" long poop in the poo-board in the morning. 10 hens and 1 roo roost there at night so I don't' know which one it is. They all seem to be acting fine.

On further inspection, it seems the poop has a bunch of long grass strands in it. Most of the other poop are little balls of brown and white poo. First time I saw it, I thought there was a small snake in the poo-board - that's what it looked like.

They eat crumbles, grit in the feed. Also any table scraps, veggie scraps, fruit scraps, etc. About 2-3 years old. In a dirt run. I give them a basketful of clover/grass/weeds every time I go out there, for green stuff.

Is something wrong with my chickens or is this a normal poop. Doesn't look normal to me as it just started and is different from everything else that's pooped out.

Thanks...

Last edited:
You may have seen a round worm in the droppings. I would be careful feeding long strands of grass because they can impact the crop. Cjhcikens do better clipping the grass of in pieces by themselves.

I'm pretty sure there was a lot of green grass in the long strand of poop. Didn't see anything white - I assume the worms would be white?

Thanks for telling me about the long pieces of grass - I sure didn't know that. Thought they broke it off when they shake their heads...

Do you suppose the long grass would keep the poop from forming into balls and that may be why the poop is so long?

Anyone else? Would a picture help?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom