LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
Screenshot_20190403-095246_Drive.jpg

Attachments

• VNDFlyerFF.041519.pdf
    243.8 KB · Views: 3
Yeah Im not sure what their intention is here with a "workshop." Sponsored by Foster Farms and the Modesto-based CA Poultry Association (a long way away from Dublin). Who is the intended audience? In Dublin, CA? That's like SF Bay Area suburbia. It just seems really misguided.
I don't get it, does CDFA really think that the majority of the chicken owning public is visiting their website for information? And going to attend local "workshops," that they would only find out about by visiting the CDFA website? It just seems oblivious. Reminds me of the DMV.
My feed store, in Dublin, CA, last week was selling chicks with no shoe disinfection. Completely blissfully oblivious.
Well I'm doing my part, that's all I can do. I just think there is 99.9% of chicken owners out there with no idea this is going on, which is part of the problem.

Honestly. The word isn't out there. I am on some Facebook groups and people are selling and or moving chickens are through southern California. I have tried informing the situation and they ignore me.

My local feed store has stop selling chicks but they get theirs from Texas so they probably can't get them in.
What kind of chicken group? Backyard chickens?

I was in a feed store in the Bay Area last weekend. They had the chicks in a separate area that required your to disinfect your shoes and hands before your could enter. That seemed like a pretty reasonable precaution.
They really should not let any one handle chicks except employees.

What kind of chicken group? Backyard chickens?
They seem to call everything "backyard chickens", including cock fighting rings. It's frustrating to me to not understand whether the issue is lack of awareness by law-abiding chicken owners that birds shouldn't leave the quarantine area, or criminal activity in the form of cock fighting rings, where presumably the offenders aren't overly concerned about obeying rules.

Back
Top Bottom