Lost Birmingham Roller

rpape1

Chirping
Aug 25, 2020
Last night I lost a pet Birmingham roller out my window - he shot out after it was opened by a builder.

He sat on the roof of my house for a moment and took off.

He has left behind a mate and a nest, who is still in my bedroom, and awaiting his return.

Right below my bedroom window on the floor is an aviary that he spent almost a year in, with other pigeons. (they are still in there.)

He was last seen in my town, which is about 3 miles away. I imagine he's quite unfit as hes not flown long distance since I got him.

I've looked everywhere for him- no sign. He's distinctive looking but has no band- the number sticker fell off and I had literally created a new replacement for that night when he got out.

What are his chances? Will he return, or is he gone for good?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 20.41.56.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 20.41.56.png
    291.2 KB · Views: 9
Domestic pigeons that get lost often approach people for help, especially if they’re tame. The problem is that most people don’t realize they’re lost pets and ignore them. If you want a better chance of getting him back, post on social media that you lost a pigeon. Maybe make some “missing” posters. Also, if there are any feral pigeon flocks around, check them out. I’ve found numerous lost domestic pigeons in my local feral flock.

Back
Top Bottom