Lost my 4th girl in 2 days tonight...

Pics
Just bumped into this pitty party thread and have been laughing a bit too hard. I pulled a muscle.

That is NOT a bobcat wound; it's from wire or something similar. I know first hand what a real bobcat would do to that arm. There would be stitches that looked like zippers from a genuine bobcat wound.

Originator, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. You've been outed.

Now, to all members, hello from my small farm in Fallon NV. I used to raise Araucanas and got a kick out of the tough rugged little birds. I let them out around the house during the day, and they all returned to the coop about dark. Watching them chase grasshoppers was better than anything on TV these days. I'm 71 and have dealt with real bobcats, not wire mesh, since I was 8. A bobcat is a force to be reckoned with that would tear up a dog or human badly, requiring many stitches and create a great loss of blood.

I hope I'm not making myself persona non grata here, but truth eludes the OP.

I look forward to learning a lot about chickens here. It seems like there's a wealth of knowledge.

Just bumped into this pitty party thread and have been laughing a bit too hard. I pulled a muscle.

That is NOT a bobcat wound; it's from wire or something similar. I know first hand what a real bobcat would do to that arm. There would be stitches that looked like zippers from a genuine bobcat wound.

Originator, enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. You've been outed.

Now, to all members, hello from my small farm in Fallon NV. I used to raise Araucanas and got a kick out of the tough rugged little birds. I let them out around the house during the day, and they all returned to the coop about dark. Watching them chase grasshoppers was better than anything on TV these days. I'm 71 and have dealt with real bobcats, not wire mesh, since I was 8. A bobcat is a force to be reckoned with that would tear up a dog or human badly, requiring many stitches and create a great loss of blood.

I hope I'm not making myself persona non grata here, but truth eludes the OP.

I look forward to learning a lot about chickens here. It seems like there's a wealth of knowledge.
:welcome :frow Nice to have you aboard. I killed a bobcat because it came back for seconds. The bobcat was the reason I now have electric wire around my coops and pens, coyotes too. Coyotes are tough to get. I have one I'm going to get someday. I see it a lot on at least one of my game cameras and sometimes with a friend or two. One has a hurt right front foot and limps. It's been that way for awhile. I have a real good picture of it. I see it every now and then too. Good luck and have fun...
DSCF0002818 06.jpg

I've had injuries just like yours Opie. They were caused by reaching into a hole where the arm barely fits in an attempt to retrieve something.
Not by some noble struggle to save your pet chicken from a Bobcat that makes it's living by inflicting major damage quickly.

Back
Top Bottom