Lost my first chicken today

Keith13

Chirping
10 Years
Sep 22, 2013
I had my first chicken disappear today. Not really sure what happened she was just gone. I had them out free ranging behind the house and didnt see her most of the day but somewhat assumed she was digging around in the bushes. She came in and laid an egg sometime during the day but did not return to the roost at sundown. Hopefully she was roosting in the bushes somewhere and will return today but that isint like her so I fear her lost

Keith

I had my first chicken disappear today. Not really sure what happened she was just gone. I had them out free ranging behind the house and didnt see her most of the day but somewhat assumed she was digging around in the bushes. She came in and laid an egg sometime during the day but did not return to the roost at sundown. Hopefully she was roosting in the bushes somewhere and will return today but that isint like her so I fear her lost

Keith
Keith, she may have sadly been taken by a hawk unless your coop is closed. We had a coyote come and take one of ours, and it's tough. So sorry. Hope you find her and good luck!

I hope she comes back, but know from experience that if they don't come home at night its for a reason. I have lost hens to foxes and bobcat during the day. I ended up going with an electric net fence setup, and while it limits their free ranging, it has kept them alive and safe.

Well she showed up today. She was a little ragged and looked like she lost some weight. But was happy to see her sisters when I opened the gate.

Keith

celebrate.gif
Yeah! I love a happy ending!

Back
Top Bottom