Lost Two Pullets ***Second Post Will Have Photos***

Can you not separate your geese from your chickens at night?

Not in a manner where they are as secure when they are in the house locked up at night. I’m in the process of reworking a barn to move all the chickens into breeding pens, hopefully before the geese start breeding. There they’ll be completely secure while in the barn, and if I choose to cover the runs, there as well.

Thanks for the sweet words though. I do appreciate them. I’m hoping when I start hatching I’ll get some pretty pullets this Spring to replace them.

I hope you figure out how to operate the cameras. If you have a picture of the cameras, maybe I can help you. I just recently purchased my 10th camera. The predator will be back then you will know what you're dealing with.

@cmom Here is a picture of the user manual. I’ve read through it a few times but I’m not really sure of what I’m doing.

10205848-A0F3-442C-9D9C-6A167B99DD43.jpeg

about your camera set up. the manual should tell you about batteries and a photo clip or disk. only use new batteries. it looks like an older model but should do the job.
it should also tell you about the settings and if it takes still photos or video or both. i would use that tree that i see on the left side of your coop picture. you would only want to have it taking pictures after the chickens have gone to roost or you will have pictures of chickens and turkeys all day long and take all the space on your disk.
i mount my cameras about 3 feet off the ground. point it at the coop and walk around the area (to trigger the camera) and then check the pictures and see if you are getting the areas you want to watch. clear the clip when you are satisfied with the results,place it and turn it on tonight.
if this is not infrared flash, it may spook off fox and coyote. raccoon and possum will not care.
if its a real small critter like rat or weasel it may not pick up the activity.
i would love to be there to help with the camera. i have 8 cameras i put up all the time but winter as i dont like to have to retrieve my disks in the snow. i love seeing what wildlife i have in my yard and woods.
i have expensive cameras that cost me about 200.00 each, and i have cheep cameras that cost me 35.00 and i will tell you i have gotten great pictures off all of them.

I still haven't gotten the cameras installed. It's been raining on and off, mostly on for the last several days. We had a tornado touch down a few miles away Friday last week and had snow the following morning. It's been insane. So far, I've not experienced any more losses and the Snow Geese that pasture while they are migrating are currently in the area and the coyotes and what not seem to be focused on them. There's been lots of honking and howling at night.

Back
Top Bottom