Lost user due to speed

coleridgedane

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 14, 2011
Marietta, GA
I am very, very disappointed that I can't be an everyday user since your upgrade. I love this forum! But it takes soooo long to load & respond that I'm too frustrated to continue.

I usually connect via my Galaxy Epic 3G phone. Wasn't a problem before the upgrade and I loved learning & contributing. But I can't abide a site that is as slow as dial-up.

Cable? Your reply came up @ 1:28 pm EDT. I'll be interested to see when my response comes up as I am replying immediately.

I'm using 3/4G technology. I can watch live sports & TV/movies. I can't even imagine that cable would be any better. But as I said, this site is like the old dial-up speed.

Sorry you're having problems. This platform definitely is a lot more "heavy" than our old system, which has pros and cons. Fortunately our engineers are working very hard on a super lightweight version of the site that will be brilliant on mobile devices, phones, tablets, etc. and wicked fast. We'll keep everyone posted as we get more details and updates.

Last edited:
That sounds great. I'm using a not-so-hot local internet service provider and the internet "speed" we get is often downright pathetic, like less than 1kbs. Only problem I've had with this site is that I sometimes don't get the toolbar when I post. But that's because of our low upload speed, I get "errors when loading the page". I do have problems with other sites though.
BTW we're currently using Safari and I'm very happy with it. We also used Firefox in the past with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom