LOTS of blood in egg...uh wtf???

Quote:
Ok, so Roopert is not to blame.
Do you have any idea what it is? And your saying that its normal, nothing to be worried about?
So i dont have to de-worm or watch carefully?

I've been getting eggs from my pullets for 4 plus months and I get 1 of those bloody eggs every once in a while, maybe 5 times from all 31 layers. I have been asking those who I share eggs with to report it to me if they notice any. Seems like maybe the same welsummer, but still unsure if it is only 1.

Quote:
Hmm
hmm.png

So it could only be one hen then with the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens when a blood vessel breaks when the egg is being developed in the ovaduct. You don't usually see that in grocery store eggs because they shine a bright light through them to check that and reject those eggs, (which they go ahead and put in cooking products instead).

I get blood spots in my dark brown eggs sometimes. It's not harmful, just kind of gross.

Lisa

Quote:
X2!
thumbsup.gif

Absolutely nothing to worry about unless it's a frequent thing. Gross, yeah, I guess so
sickbyc.gif
, but then we're talking about something that comes out of a chicken's butt, anyway.
wink.png

Quote:
X2!
thumbsup.gif

Absolutely nothing to worry about unless it's a frequent thing. Gross, yeah, I guess so
sickbyc.gif
, but then we're talking about something that comes out of a chicken's butt, anyway.
wink.png

Lol
lol.png
Very true! As long as its not harmful to my hens!

Back
Top Bottom