Lots of veins but no movement

VJS

Hatching
Mar 14, 2023
Hello, sorry I'm new here and new to this. First time hatcher. I'm on day 27 with a pekin duck egg that is showing strong red veins and a clear white air sack but no movement at all and no internal pip. I'm ever so worried. Could someone give me some advice please? I'm wondering if its just a few days behind? Has anyone had a sucessful hatch like this before?

Hello, sorry I'm new here and new to this. First time hatcher. I'm on day 27 with a pekin duck egg that is showing strong red veins and a clear white air sack but no movement at all and no internal pip. I'm ever so worried. Could someone give me some advice please? I'm wondering if its just a few days behind? Has anyone had a sucessful hatch like this before?
If its on day 27 it should be in lockdown
why are you candling it?

Veins is a good sign, not moving isn't that concerning since it might be resting
Just leave it alone and give it time

They get to a point where the egg is very cramped and they move much less. If you can still see veins, I think everything should be fine, Pekin incubation time is 28 days, correct?

OK, thank you. We lost 1 last week so we had the farm guy come and check our incubator and temp and think we just panicked. Will do just that. Thank you for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom