Love my babies but having a hard time figuring out if they are Hen or Roo

BackYardChknLvr

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 3, 2013
Boise Idaho
Well i got 4 beautiful baby polishes 2 silver lace, 1 buff, 1 gold lace.. i really think the gold and buff here are hens as i have 2 black/white crest hens already.. and i'm thinking the silvers are roo's and it makes me so sad since i live in the city area were i live we can only have hens and its gona be so hard to part with them if they are boys..
yes they are bigger then the gold and buff and they are showing the v coming like a polish rooster and there feathers as you see are more strangly and the two little ones are more round like a normal hen polish.. sigh... i wish it was easy to tell when there babies.. but if anybody thinks the same as i am please let me know... cause they are about 3 month's almost 4 and i will have to find them new homes befor they crow so i dont get find :/

Last edited:
judging by their crest: 2 silver laced cockerels, white a pullet, and the golden cant see the crest....NOTE: this is not 100% accurate

thank you i will put up some better pictures. yeah i beleave the two silvers are roo's too and the buff aka the white you all say but its a buff polish is a hen i'll try to get a better pick of my gold also if anybody on here lives in the boise or surrounding area i will be looking for a home for the roo's but i am more looking for a trade. for my male silver laces to get 2 more polish's i will take either, buff, gold, splotch, blue, silver or even turqoise but i am not wanting any black/white crest as i have 2 of them already.. my two boys are super frendly and will sit in your lap possibly there will be 3 roo's the gold may be a roo too so lookin to possibly get them homes befor they crow.. i will either sell them or make a trade for other polish's thank you :D

yeah i may keep them till i do hear them crow.. and maybe i'll find somebody to hold on to them till i do get a place that i can have them cause the silvers are simply beautiful and have amazing markings to go with. wanting to get a few of my friends kids that are in 4-H with my polish's cause they are all showing great paturn, and i jsut relized the silvers are bearded and barely 3 months old they both are showing there beards

Back
Top Bottom