Love my new nipple watering system!!!

We have nipple jugs in our cops, love them. Started with 1 gallon Apple juice jugs as a trial, hubby is going to build pvc pipe system with heated water reservior for our winters. Just moved 3 & 4 week chicks out of the house brooder to a coop broader. It literally took them two minutes to figure out the nipple jugs, they were about the first thing they checked out in their much larger quarters. This post reminded me that I want a simple pipe nipple system in our house brooder, don't know why I keep dealing with slimy crap filled little waters when the little chickens could have clean always available water.

This makes perfect sense - you used it as a tap. I'll probably do something identical. Very nice.

I initially had a problem getting the plastic nipples to screw into the PVC pipe but I finally figured a method that worked for me. I drilled the holes with the 11/32 bit that was recommended & then I used a coax cable connector to thread the PVC(can get at Wal-Mart or similar they are used to join cable TV cables together). Once I unscrewed the coax connector, the nipple screwed in very easy. When using the coax cable union I used a 7/16 socket & ratchet to turn it. I hope all that makes sense.

The coax cable connector(union) looks like the one in this link:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...921x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=05760089000

Back
Top Bottom