Love the burden??

Ragna

Songster
May 15, 2018
Orlando
You know... When I got my first chicken I became attached to her for some reason... So I got another one... When I realized how lovable they were and how after a few months she'd chase me around the yard I wanted more... So I got two more but little babies and they snuggle with me all the time. They lay on me at night. Today I woke up with one crawling on me in my house lol. Yes in my house... And it sucks having to clean up multiple times when I have them inside. I usually don't let them run in my house but it was storming last night and they just didn't want to be outside. They kept running back inside. Anyways... Now I want a poultry farm it's like I just cannot get enough chickens.. I'm a bit emotionally hurt just in general so I think that's why I have such a uncontrollable love for chickens.. but I want a farm now and I feel like I'm still not going to have enough chickens lol... I love them soooo much. Even though half the time they are just a burden since I work outside and I'm very tired when I come home but something just keeps me drawn to them... Something keeps me caring for them and something makes me want more and to take on more responsibility than I already have. I JUST LOVE MY GIRLS SO MUCH

Does anyone get what I'm trying to say? Lol

I know! You just want more and more! It’s ok to have lots, but you must be able to give them the proper space requirements and all the TLC that they need. At least 4 square feet per bird inside the coop and 10 square feet out in the run. They need a foot of perching space each, a nest box for every 3-4 birds and they need water refreshed daily unless you are using nipple or cup waterers. They must have the correct feed and have crushed oyster shells/egg shells on the side so that they can take the calcium they need for proper eggs. Most of all, they need lots of love and attention and check ups to make sure that they are healthy. It’s fine to have plenty of birds (they ARE addictive!) but we have to make sure that we are responsible chicken owners.

Just a chickens though? You've gotta have more than just chickens! You've gotta have ducks, turkeys, geese, pheasants, guineas etc. I've got over 100 chickens and all sorts of other poultry, Yet i'm still not satisfied? Once I have some peafowl and an emu my goal as a poultry keeper with be completed ;) :gig

Just a chickens though? You've gotta have more than just chickens! You've gotta have ducks, turkeys, geese, pheasants, guineas etc. I've got over 100 chickens and all sorts of other poultry, Yet i'm still not satisfied? Once I have some peafowl and an emu my goal as a poultry keeper with be completed ;) :gig
I dunno... I never saw myself liking chickens in the first place lol. Ducks I do want. We found an abandoned one at work and I was gonna help him because he was injured. My coworker thought it'd be cute if he took it home to his wife so lalla he basically took the duck from me... 10 minutes later he gets the duck killed :l so I would have had a duck

That's when you'll fall in love with a goat ... it just never stops!

That's when you'll fall in love with a goat ... it just never stops!
I've been around goats they are cute and all but.... I don't know if I rralre want them lol I've always liked birds and never been to crazy about other animals like dogs or cats

Back
Top Bottom