LoveBirds fighting?

Paige14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
I have a pair of lovebirds and they are about 11 months old, they have been together since July 10 and they would argue once in a while and then groom each other and the male would feed the female. When they would fight it would last a minute or so. Then it started to seem more consistent with them fighting so I separated them for a few days and when I put them back together they continued to fight and then make up. When they were separated they acted sweet and kind and acted fine outside the cage. They have to be in the same room because they will chirp loudly for each other and if they stay in the room together they are quiet. Should I keep them separated forever? Please help, I don't know what I should do.

Most birds, even bonded pairs will fight with one another on occasion. I would personally keep them together unless I saw they were doing each other a great deal of harm. How big is their cage? Do they have enough room to get some space from one another if needed? Its really up to you, if you think they are endangering one another, separate them, but if they are just little spats and they have never severely harmed one another, keep them together.

Back
Top Bottom