Lovely little seabrite hen

missfitch

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Marysville Ohio
I have had her since October 1st, no eggs yet so I think she is young, her name is Tear drop, she has come to love it here, she enjoys treats, bossing around the larger girls (she is tiny) and talking to me! she is quite the lady, holds her head high very proud, A GREAT flyer (she flys out and teases the other girls then wonders how to get back in)
A true love!
I consider all my birds PETS, but just curious to know how she measures up the the standard, or how far off she is lol, either way shes here to stay!!!

25749_party_036.jpg

25749_party_027.jpg

That's a handsome man! my camera is a little foggy....not sure why other than sheer age! lol, Do your lay tiny eggs? Does she stop laying in winter? I

Quote:
Yeah she layed tiny eggs and idk cause i dont have them anymore i gave them to a friend and regretted it cause a raccoon got the hen =/

She looks like a typical hatchery Sebright to me. Her back is too long. Her lacing is better than what's expected. It's hard to say how well she adds up. Is she full grown? You said you had her since October, but did you get her as a day-old or buy her from someone else? She is very pretty. I love mine even though they are nothing compared to the Exhibition Quality birds.
love.gif

These birds are so pretty out running around the yard. Sebrights mature a little later than the production breeds so she will lay eggs a little later than them. I went out to take some current pics of our sebright hen gwen but my camera ate the batteries. I really dont like that camera, take about 5 pics and batteries are dead. I need to get a new one. Sometimes sebrights look a lot better after they molt. I have one hen whos back is quite short but hers was so short when she was born that those are sometimes a little weaker and we thought we might loose her but she pulled throu, tetter tottered for longer than the others so we had to keep them seperate so they didnt get stampeded. Gwen has the nice deep mulberry comb they love and the point is nice and straight, the other hen my husband calls the fold in half birds comb is lightly more red in color but still good. Im kind of sorry I sold most of them off, I miss them, they went to different show homes. Enjoy them. here is an older pic of gwen
, she looks a lot different now more mature feathering now and much lighter which they really look better after a good molt. she was just about 4 mos in this pic. She lays an egg every day, the other hen layla doesnt lay eggs maybe one or 2 a week. these birds are qite inbred so that will happen with them. when the more mature neck feathers come in they look very full. gwen has become a bit of a fatty so I have to watch it, shes happy.

35675_sany0037.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom