loving my chickens

gomernancy

Hatching
Apr 24, 2015
Hi everyone I live in bay city mi and my chickens are four weeks old and I love watching them grow this site was exactly what I needed when I started so I decided to join so thanks to everyone for the advice!!

Hello @gomernancy , and welcome!
welcome-byc.gif
We also find watching our chicks grow is great - it's a lot like when you mix a little therapy with a little comic relief and lots of cute!

Everyone here at BYC has been great, and the site and community are a fantastic resource - so make yourself at home, I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride!
big_smile.png

Hi I have Americanas there great little chicks I originally got them for my 3 year old son but we both love them he wants to go check on them every hour lol

Hi, welcome to BYC!

Congratulations on your new chicks. Raising chickens is a great hobby for anyone, young or older.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. And if you haven't already, check out the Learning Center, there are a lot of really helpful articles there.

Hi I have Americanas there great little chicks I originally got them for my 3 year old son but we both love them he wants to go check on them every hour lol
They are so cute. I love your brooder set up. When my baby chicks were that age, placed a piece of 2x4 on the bedding and only 2 would even try to roost. Wish I had done an elevated one like you have.

I'm with your 3 yo…I spent so much time at the brooder got sun damage on my forearms from hanging out with the babies
cool.png
and placed a camera on them so I could watch them whenever I wanted to :) But seriously, make sure your son has sunblock on his arms and hands if he spends a lot of time reaching under the brooder lights.

Thanks it's actually the coop I built they got to big for the brooder I had the coop is in my garage and leads outside but I have the outside door screwed shut until they are big enough to run my yard

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Your chicks are adorable. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Back
Top Bottom