Lucky the TSC rescue chick and more (pic intense!!)

pookiethebear

Songster
11 Years
Apr 29, 2008
ok here are my girls, can you help me with the breeds of the white, black and white, and chipmunk looking chicks?

White chick:
p1010001.jpg

Lucky the RIR TSC resuce peep:
p1010002.jpg

Black and white peep:
p1010003.jpg

Chipmunk peep:
p1010004.jpg

All the new peeps:
P1010022.jpg

The RIR a week ago:
P1010016.jpg

The RIRs now: My how they grow
p1010011.jpg

The duckies a week ago:
P1010021.jpg

and now:
p1010013.jpg

I will post a pic of the brooders in that thread but they are pretty easy to see nothing fancy, just some clear totes with shavings and lights.

I would say the chipmunk chick is an EE.

The black chick might be a barred rock.

The white chick might be a white leghorn.

I love your ducklings! I can't wait until mine hatch! It's always so exciting!

Thanks for the help. The ducks are the stinkiest birds! Spalsh and poop, that is all they do. The Pekings love to protect the rouen, and will sit on him and cover him up if you walk near the brooder. They will even sleep with a wing over him. Goofy birds.

If you go on Murray McMurray hatchery website it will show a full color photo of what all the chicks look like. This one almost looks like a black star. I would say no not a barred rock as they will have a white spot on the head. Or it could be like sundown says.. a black australorp. Oh I can't wait to try to tell my birds apart! I have a day before the lady I'm selling 1/2 of them to comes to pick hers up! I hope I don't give mine away!

Such sweet babies!!
love.gif

I got a 2 Buff Orp's and 2 NHR's that apparently have all turned out to be RIR's-all from TSC. I also got 2 of the chipmunks-both bantams. I was told they were Silver Duckwing Old English Game...I'm honestly not sure though.

The black peep of yours looks just like the Australorp babies I also got from TSC.

I wonder if all the stores order the same breeds? Beware though..I was told by the TSC I bought my babies from that they do not order their chicks vaccinated! I just had to put one of my 6 week old babies, Francine, down due to a tumour!

Back
Top Bottom