Lucy not feeling well

MonkeyRoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 15, 2014
Hello, I have a hen who is a little over a year old. Yesterday she jumped down out of the coop (about a 1 foot drop) and face planted it. She walks fine but falls when ever she jumps. Today she is staying "ruffled" up and laying by the waterer drinking a bunch. Not her normal active self. Her poo is green and watery....but it is hot out and she is free range with access to grass. Any ideas on why Lucy isn't feeling well? Any advice would be great!

Probably worms. Purchase Safeguard liquid goat wormer and give her 1/2cc orally undiluted using a syringe without a needle, then redose her again in 10 days. It would be best to worm all your birds in this manner.

Thank you for your earlier advice, I was also wondering if it is safe to give wormer and electrolytes at the same time....

Thank you for your earlier advice, I was also wondering if it is safe to give wormer and electrolytes at the same time....

I don't recommend it. Wait a few hours after worming before giving it. I prefer to give them buttermilk and chopped boiled eggs mixed in their feed for a couple of days. The buttermilk is a probiotic that coats the intestinal lining, is easily absorbed and helps rebuild the immune system. The eggs are extra protein to help rebuild strength. Chickens gobble up the slurry mash.

Back
Top Bottom