Lumps on back of baby chick

She is acting normal. She does not seem to be aware of lumps. I am heating with the new heating plates which I love. Since she is the smallest, I would not think that she is getting burned but that is a possibility. Maybe she is squeezing in and ending up on top at night. I will raise it as they are getting older. Thanks so much. I think that you may have landed it.

Follow up..... callouses still there but feathers are starting to grow over area. I think that you were right and they will probably take some time to resolve but feathers should protect in future. Thank you again.

Kay

Glad to hear she is doing better and feathering in. Thanks for the update
smile.png

She is acting normal. She does not seem to be aware of lumps. I am heating with the new heating plates which I love. Since she is the smallest, I would not think that she is getting burned but that is a possibility. Maybe she is squeezing in and ending up on top at night. I will raise it as they are getting older. Thanks so much. I think that you may have landed it.

Did you figure out what this was from? Just noticed my largest chick has something similar and I am also using the Premier1heating plate for the brooder. I think she is rubbing her wings on it.

I raised the plate earlier today after seeing the “wear marks” on the wings.
Chicklets are sleeping now so I will check the plate bottom in the morning when I clean the brooder to see if there is anything rough or any potential hotspots.

Thanks for checking in on me :frow

Let me know what you find out:)

Back
Top Bottom