M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
First do you live around other houses?
Guinea's are LOUD. They will go off on just about anything, a car pulling up in the driveway, a loud bang, the wind blowing etc.
True they will eat snakes but small ones. They are great guard dogs so if you don't mind the noise go for it. Best of luck from Petal.

My neighbors are a good distance away, we live on the edge of the Desoto National Forrest so there are a lot of snakes, we have a 4 yr old son and I'm trying to find the best way to keep the snakes out of our yard.

You can try putting out a border of Lyme around your yard. Snakes won't cross Lyme (it burns them) or you can put up decoys like owl or hawk (big snake eating birds) decoys around your yard. You can get all of these things at your local Farm and Garden. In the end you live in the country and that's one of the things you'll have to put up with.

Hey everybody! I'm a brand new member who is pretty new to chickens too...I have a motley crew of mostly young chickens I acquired from a family member who is going through a divorce...2 Barred Rock/Dominique pullets, a bantam pullet (not sure of breed), and a female mallard duck...along with a black Australorp hen, a black Sex Link hen, a White Rock hen, and a pair of Naked Necks...they have arranged themselves into a happy flock! :) I am also owned by 4 very badly behaved cats, a mixed breed dog, and a goofy Doberman! We live in the middle of nowhere in southeastern MS near the AL line...happy to be here! :)

Hey everybody! I'm a brand new member who is pretty new to chickens too...I have a motley crew of mostly young chickens I acquired from a family member who is going through a divorce...2 Barred Rock/Dominique pullets, a bantam pullet (not sure of breed), and a female mallard duck...along with a black Australorp hen, a black Sex Link hen, a White Rock hen, and a pair of Naked Necks...they have arranged themselves into a happy flock! :) I am also owned by 4 very badly behaved cats, a mixed breed dog, and a goofy Doberman! We live in the middle of nowhere in southeastern MS near the AL line...happy to be here! :)

Welcome to the group!

Checking in from the Hattiesburg area. Don't remember IF I have posted on here or not. Excuse my forgetfulness IF I have.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom