Mailed Eggs

Urban Chaos

Songster
8 Years
Feb 9, 2011
Austin
Hey ya'll. I'm getting eggs mailed for the first time and I'm worried. They were mailed (USPS priority) on 7/6 but the post office says they wont be delivered until 07/11. Do ya'll think they'll be ok?

it really depends on how the post office handles them.. and how long ago the seller collected them before shipping..
the best thing to do is candle them when they arrive for any hairline cracks.. let them sit for a few hours to settle.. then incubate.. after 7 days candle them again and see if any veins have started forming

Hatching eggs a best if set within 10 days of laying so your all set on days old. It's the condition the post office treats them that's the gamble. I've had two mailings of eggs from same source (excellent packaging) to two different locations, the second location shipping were half scrambled- even a cracked egg. That's the difference in handling in location difference of a mere 30 miles.

Call the local post office and let them know you are expecting hatching eggs. Give them your phone number and tell them to call, no matter what time! Also tell them you are willing to pick them up.

You didn't say where they're coming from, but chances are they will actually arrive today. Five days for Priority is pretty unusual.

Back
Top Bottom