Mailman has my chicks again

txchickie

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
I am so mad! My chicks had a 2/15 ship date (yesterday) and should have arrived this morning. We're same state and they always arrive next day. I called the PO (again) to ask if they'd arrived on the truck and the lady said "I don't know, I think so? They might have been sent out with Walter (the mailman), he'll bring them to you"

This is the THIRD TIME they've sent my chicks out to ride along with the mailman! The last 2 times it was plenty warm, so I was only mildly irritated.
barnie.gif
But now it's 20 degrees outside and Walter won't get here till at least noon
hit.gif
I can only hope he's got his heater cranked since it's so cold
sad.png

Oh man! I hate that and it's one of my biggest chick fears, especially since my chicks will go to a different PO this year than last time I ordered.
Did you go by the PO ahead of time to let them know you expected chicks? I intend to go to the new PO at least twice in the days leading up to my chick's expected arrival to drum it into their heads that the chicks are to be held there and I will pick them up. Ironically, the new PO is right next to one of the biggest Tyson facilities in the state.
lol.png

I'll keep my fingers crossed that your chicks arrive safe and sound. Otherwise, I'll come help you open a can of whoop you-know-what on Walter.
fl.gif

pips&peeps :

Call them back and find out what his route is and go track him down. I'd give him a good talking to also.

We're very, very rural and he's got a big area, but not a lot of stops. And he's at least 75 so I doubt he has a cell phone. The poor guy is just so friendly and loves to stop and talk if you're outside when he stops, but right now I want to wring his neck!​

I ordered them on Saturday and even though it was a holiday there was someone at the PO when I called yesterday, they know me and I've ordered chicks before. I just told them I'd ordered more and they were shipped and should be here tomorrow, please please call me and don't let Walter get a hold of them.
So much for that
hmm.png

Gritsar--we have a big Tyson facility here, too! But it's beef not chicken
lol.png

Call the post office! They will know his route and can tell you where to find him.

My husband is a mailman and the post office has a time/chart of where he is supose to be and when. And, they do check on them and spy on them!
tongue.gif

Go find you chickens!!!
barnie.gif

The mail person should come to your house asap if he has a heart!
bow.gif

GOOD LUCK!

Write to the Postmaster in your state and give names. Then write to the hatchery and ask them to write to the Postmaster in your state. Then go to the P.O. and tell the postmaster there that you will take them personally to small claims court for the monetary cost of damages and do it. If you can afford it have an attorney send a letter to that fact. If you don't know how to write the letter have a librarian do it for you if they will or a friend.

They just got here....I was in the laundry room and my 3 year old said "Mama there was someone at the door". I go look and there's a peeping box on my front step
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
It's still 20 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!
somad.gif

9 DOA
hit.gif
We have 17 living but one is not doing well

I'm so sorry you lost 9...
sad.png
I hope the others aren't too chilled. My husband (the mailman) was really angry your post office was so inconsiderate.

Best wishes to the rest of the babies!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom