Maine calling...

Jag not much more information on line about it. Last year was a hoot as the poultry show and a motorcycle event were at the fair grounds at the same time. Biker's in the chicken barn, and farmers in the biker area.....it would have made a great photo op.

It's at the Windsor Fair Grounds 9am, I will see if I can find directions for you if you would like but it will be this evening before I can get to that.

There is some tailgate selling and suppose to be an auction too.

Thanks verthandi! I checked online too and didn't find much. I know where the Windsor Fairgrounds are.
big_smile.png
I hope we can get away long enough to go!

Jag, This is all I found last night but it does have a contact.

May 27, 2007 ~ Windsor, Maine, Windsor Fairgrounds. Central Maine Bird Fanciers 21st Annual Spring Show. Contact: Fran Curtis, 207-354-0711, [email protected] .

I will probably be there with a friend around 11am. 50ish, 5'6" auburn hair and rust/orange baseball cap with a horsehead logo on the front. Say hi if we should happen to run into each other. Joan

I didn't make it to the poultry show; bummer. Did you go Verthandi? How was it and were there any chickens for sale?
I'd like to know what it was all about so I can plan for next year!
big_smile.png

Jag, There was a nice assortment of birds in the show. More tail gate sellers than usually. It looked like a high percentage of the birds for sale were banty size. A friend made a pity purchase of a small silkie....eeeh....7 young birds stuffed in a cat carrier. This same seller had showgirls in the same crate for 150.00 a pair
ep.gif
Most of the other birds were in nice condition and priced fair.

They have a second show on Labor day weekend. I will be there with some polish for sale...I hope. And my barn boy makes custom cages so he will bring some of those.

Labor day, you say?!
big_smile.png
Is that in Windsor also? I'm planning that trip!! Thanks! I'm so bummed I didn't get to go!!

Last edited:
Hello All,

We are fairly new to BYC, and to chickens themselves. we bought a variety pack from Meyers, and have 25 chickens now 10 weeks old, of several different breeds. Very interested to know if there are any other shows or auctions in maine as we are planning to part with 14 of our current birds and REALLY don't want to ship them, so looking for some way to sell them to good homes in maine. Also hatching Blue laced red wyandotte eggs in incubator hoping to breed them in future. If anyone is interested in seeing some pictures of our flock our website is www.freewebs.com/sirmookie and click on chicken tab on left, also any input into if we correctly identified the breeds would be a big help.

THANKS

I always use the Uncle Henry's to sell birds. I don't know of anymore swaps this year and unless your birds have been tested and certified (and I think a club member) you can't just bring them to the shows...which is good, stops the spread of disease.
Just put a few adds in the Uncle henry's. You could sell good started pullets for between $8 and $15 depending on the breed. People want laying hens or almost ready to lay around here, I always get tons of calls. Roosters are another story...

What are you selling??

I would be very interested in some of your Blue laced red Wyandottes when you get ready to hatch...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom