Making a rabbits' life better

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
Ok, rabbit people. I have two buns. One chews everything, no matter what. She is currently chewing away the paint on the walls. It's exhausting.
Instead of having the whole house to destroy, I have them living in one bedroom. They free range there. But they get so bored!
I recently started taking them outside some and omg they LOVE it and seem far happier.

1. If you have an indoor bun, can you share pics of your area for them, for enrichment ideas?

2. Have you ever kept a rabbit in your chicken run, and coop at night? I am thinking about this for a better life for them, and me. If the weather was extremely hot or hot, I can bring them in. Thoughts?

3. If I only did daytime in the chicken run, is there any harm with that?

I'm coming at this from the opposite direction. My bunnies started out in 5' x 8' each pens on the ground. I spent months trying to keep them from escaping. Over, under, through. Houdini-like disappearing acts I never did figure out.

They are all in cages now, 30" deep, 30 or 36" tall, and either 36", 42, 48, or 60" long depending on breed and whether or no its a breeder/brooder cage.

I provide them lots of things to chew on from the pasture. Sticks, various hays, alfalfa cubes (for horses), dried prarie grasses from my grounds, sometimes I roll grape at them, etc.

Back
Top Bottom