Rabbit rescue

AmyPo

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2019
Hello all,
There are two sweet, six-month-old female rabbits at my local shelter that are to be euthanized soon if no one adopts them. I am considering trying to integrate them into my chicken coop, at least until I can get a better set up for them. I have read several posts about the fact that this is not ideal, but it sounds like a few people have houses rabbits and chickens together successfully. My friend who told me about the rabbits seems to think it would be "better than dead". I have nine hens in a large coop (4 nest boxes) attached to a very large run.
Thoughts? My hens don't eat corn btw, and I could probably build a small box to fit inside the coop for the rabbits to sleep in that would be too small for the hens.

Oh and also I would love to keep the rabbits indoors, but our family dog is very prey-driven and that would not be an option.

Hmm… I don’t know much about chickens, but I’ll see if I can p anything useful. My ducks try to peck the rabbit that’s nearby. If your chickens were to do that, it could probably injure it with their pointed beaks. You might be able to find a way to make it work in the coop, as long as the rabbits can’t dig out or the chickens get in. They should have a decent space to live in thought.

Back
Top Bottom