Making an "Architectural Statement" with an Urban Chicken Coop

That's a nice-looking coop, but so expensive! I built my own, recycling materials as much as possible, but I still have a chunk invested in it!

They should get on here and take a look at the "Wichita Cabin Coop".. it's basically the same thing. They could hire someone to build it for a lot less, I'm sure.

Or how about about these plans: (they are gorgeous) http://heatherbullard.typepad.com/heather_bullard_collectio/2010/03/our-chicken-coop.html
The
above is the site and the location of the plans to build this: (which I'm sure would cost a lot less if they did it themselves!!)
96635_heathercoop.jpg

If they are willing to shell out $4K I doubt they'd want to build one themselves. My DH insists our coop cost that much - I know better - it was no where near that amount, of course mine is for 13 chickens and about the same size
wink.png

Oh and my coop does make an architectural statement - it says "we're not spending $4K on a coop - this will have to do"
wink.png

Last edited:
That is beautiful though. My wife would love that in our backyard.

edited to remove censor bypassing

Last edited by a moderator:
4 grand for that i was waiting for the pic to upload and thinking this thing must be awesome then i was like what the heck. I mean it is nice but not 4000 dollars nice maybe they ment peso's or ruples lol

$4000 could house 200 hens and about 18 very happy Roos!! This is the case at least in the southern tier of states (low/no insulation) but would include hardware cloth for predator-proofing.

No one would ever need to purchase an alarm clock EVER again!! (Um....but there would be the egg carton issue....)

$4000 really?

I couldn't see the brochure, but reading the other responses I get $4k.

Talk about got more money than sense.

With 3 hens that puts egg prices up around $500 a dozen.

Quote:
I was expecting the same. From all the statements they make about 'architectural statement', 'designers' and 'architects', I thought "this is going to wow me!" I held my breath, clicked on the link and.... PFFFT. Felt like a fun fair balloon lol. Is that is?! Seriously, $4000 for THAT?! I think mine is nicer and only cost me $500, but that's because materials are so much more expensive in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom